I’m a currently retired but still subbing as a Gifted & Talented Specialist responsible for advocating for and teaching K-6 gifted children. Along with providing curriculum support to the GT certified teachers on campus, I directly teach all identified K-6 students in a pull-out environment. I also coordinate opportunities for these students such as Destination Imagination, Chess and Scrabble Clubs, UIL Competition, TCEA Robotics (First Year) and Writing Club.
I’m a fully certified gifted educator and K-8 (ages 5 to 13) teacher in both Texas and Louisiana with 14 years public school experience and one year private school experience.
- Bachelors in Elementary Education
- Masters in Curriculum/Instruction – emphasis on Gifted Education
- 15 years experience in the classroom with 14 of those working with Gifted Learners
- Texas Association for Gifted and Talented (Advisor: #gtchat)
- National Association for Gifted and Talented
- Texas Computer Education Association
- Lifetime PTA Member
- National Writing Project (Teacher Consultant)
Where you can find me online: